This is my new blog. You know, the one I’m starting with no expectations. Even though I don’t have any particular expectations for this site, there is definitely a method behind the eclectic madness. I thought long and hard (obligatory TWSS) about how I wanted to build this site. Here are some of the things I wanted from it:
- Easy to read - I didn’t want anyone left out of the loop. This design should adapt to any screen automatically. Check it out on any sized browser or even any of your mobile devices (iPad, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, etc.) and the design will automagically resize right before your eyes. If you notice any hiccups with the site go ahead and contact me.
- VERY content focused – I wanted to keep clutter to a minimum. That’s why you won’t see any ads or giant sharing icons. I’ve tried to keep everything very simple without sucking the personality out of it completely. There are still sharing icons in the bottom left corner of post pages. Just hover over the little blue “Share” button and options for all the social networks will show up.
- Easy to Navigate - Again, I wanted using the site to be simple. Every post type is identified with a slick blue icon so you know right off the bat if you’re just going to be looking at a photo or if you’re going to be subjected to my writing If you want to read about a specific category there are links for that at the bottom of the right sidebar (obviously that list will grow after a while).
- Make Publishing a Priority – More than anything I want to get into a groove with publishing. That’s why I really like all the different post formats. I’ve found that when I get into a rhythm with publishing that speaking my mind comes a lot more naturally and that’s when I create my best stuff.
- Have fun – I think it was Erma Bombeck who said “If you can’t make it better, you can laugh at it.” I’m going to try and get better every day, but even if I fall a bit short, I’ll definitely have fun trying.
Here’s the official welcome to my new digs. Thanks for stopping by!